Ideas + Feedback Shared to Date:
- I would love for more “green space instead of having all these industrial building going up. Animal control facility needs to be updated and an additional animal control officer is need during the evening hours and weekends. I would like to see more police officers in LWF during the evening hours when damage is being done to homes due to kids out after curfew. I feel like I am always going to Plainfield to shop and eat at all the restaurants.
- We are looking forward to becoming Romeoville residents – something we would not have considered 20 years ago. The Village administration has done a great job in planning for the future, particularly in encouraging community involvement in the process. One thing of concern, however, is the truck traffic on Weber heading to and from the I-55 interchange. Improvements to that interchange were announced two years ago, but it seems the project has stalled. Is there a new projected completion date?
- I moved to Romeoville from Orland Park eight years ago, because I loved the area and closeness to everything. But I have started to regret it, HOA’S are evil and hate the whole reasoning behind them( I own a single detached home, in lakewood falls phase 5). Restaurants on Weber would be great, there is only chili’s (Big Box food shop) to sit down and eat. It would be nice to have more mom and pop, and big box restaurants to go to. Having a Waterpark like Bolingbrook or some of the other villages would also be nice. I could care less about making roads look pretty or more industry, I miss all the opportunity and facilities that Orland has and will have. But most of all I want my home back and not have HOA’S anymore!!!!!! I would gladly pay more in taxes to not have to ask my nieghbor’s if it’s ok.
- I did not know anything about the website till I got my water bill. We need to have more residents input instead of just the board about what we would like in the village. Can we do anything about the airport noise and number of flights daily. This is really noisey.
- I have lived here since 2008 and have seen a lot of growth. With that being said please put something in place to enhance Weber Rd at interstate 55. The congestion is terrible and there has to something that can be done in that area. More restaurants on weber would be good too. Also I live in Creekside subdivision, when the lights go out it takes months for them to get fixed. I pay a lot of taxes and don’t feel that the village should contract this out. Maybe give it to the association since we pay so much. Taking months to fix a light is ridiculous, safety is a concern and it doesn’t matter to the contractor they don’t live here.
- In Romeoville we don’t have any fruit market. No public transportation on Weber Rd. Train station they said coming but when? These are the some of the basic things to improve the quality of life.
- How many more warehouses can we build in order to remove all the clean, clear air we breathe? Does no one care about the lungs of the Romeoville residents?
- Not only do we have to put up with the trucks hogging two lanes of a two lane road, but we haven’t seen any decrease in our taxes. Will the village pay the medical bills of those who cannot afford to have their lungs taken care of by insurance? Another thing – Will we ever have a big supermarket in the route 53 area or do we have to continue to drive to Bolingbrook for the nearest one?
- I would like to see more sit down restaurants on Weber Road.
- We need more sit down restaurants in the area. I think having 4 McDonald’s in this town is a little much, it’s high time we think of family time, not “how quick can we feed our kids” time. Can’t wait to see the grocery on Route 53, it’s definitely time! And the building up of “Downtown Romeoville” is a great idea also, can’t wait to see what other shops/businesses will be coming! Just please, no more McDonalds, and no more gas stations!!!! I think more things for the teenagers to do in town would be a nice addition also.
- Is our Police Force undermanned? Two robberies at the 7/Eleven in two weeks near Dairy Queen ,and another at the 7Eleven at Weber and Normantown , where are the police ?
- More stringent monitoring of traffic speed on all our streets and obeying traffic Stop Signs . We have portable signs to inform public of any enforcement of Illinois Statutes, why not portable cameras to catch speeders or scofflaws . Whatever happened to civilian program the Village had to monitor and film traffic scofflaws ? How long do we have to wait till a child or adult is seriously injured ?
- A water park in the Rte . 53 or 135th street area on property the village owns !
A Major grocery store chain on the Rte 53 corridor , i.e. Buteras, Caputos, etc. ,/ The one being built for Fat Ricky’s is way too small , parking will be a problem on weekends .
- How about having these retailers increase Handicap Parking spaces , Walmart and Jewel are way under providing access for them . I try and avoid shopping there and go to Bolingbrook Walmart and Jewel . Stop Light at Alexander and Rte 53 so pedestrians can cross safely to go to the food venues on East side .
- Living in Carillon on Weber for 11 years, I would sure like to see a Delta Sonic Kiss car wash be added along with all the other Companies moving to the Romeoville/Plainfield area. We had one in Downers Grove where we previously lived and they do a great job washing your car. I think a lot of us seniors along with many others would appreciate the job they do, especially offering a free wash if it rains within 3 days of your car being washed. It looks to me as though there is still plenty of open space South of I-55 and I believe they would be a welcome addition.